Mushroom Teriyaki – Serves 4
- 4 cups sliced/chopped mushrooms (whatever type you like, I usually use a mixture of large portobello and chestnut)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 2tbsp honey
- 3 cloves garlic minced/crushed
- 1tbsp fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes (to taste)
- black pepper to taste
- Put all the ingredients into a large unheated non-stick pan, mix well and marinade for at least 30 minutes. (You can marinade in a separate dish and then transfer to a pan to cook, but I like to save on the washing up!)
- Put the pan onto a medium high heat and cook for approximately 10 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked.
I serve the mushrooms with homemade egg fried rice, raw grated carrot and raw sliced spring onion. I love the combination of textures, temperatures and flavours.