I love these nuts as they are super tasty, really versatile and very quick and easy to make. They make a great healthy snack, I also have them for breakfast with some fruit or they can be added to a salad to give it a flavour and protein boost.
Most recipes cook the nuts in the oven, but I don’t have time for that, so I have found that this works better for me as it is not only quicker, but makes less washing up and I like that I can see how brown the nuts are and stop cooking when they are just right.
Spiced Nuts – Serves 4-6
- 1.5 cups unsalted raw nuts (can use any nuts you like – I have used almonds, pecans and macadamia nuts in the picture)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt (ideally Himalayan pink salt or seasalt)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium high heat.
- Add the nuts to the pan and coat with the oil, cook for a few minutes or until they are just starting to brown slightly.
- Add the salt, maple syrup and cayenne pepper and stir.
- Cook for another minute until the nuts are well coated and maple syrup has nearly evaporated.