Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies for Effortless Weight Loss
Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? But how to make them so they can be enjoyed whilst still encouraging weight loss, whilst still being delicious?
Enter this simple recipe. By being grain free they will have less affect on your blood sugar, meaning that you will store less fat. They are not sugar free, but the sugar is coconut sugar which is believed to have a lower GI than table sugar, so again should have less of an impact on your blood sugar. Obviously, if you eat the whole batch in one go, even these will make you put on weight, but if you stick to the serving size of 2, you’ll be fine and they’re so chocolatey, 2 should be all you need.
Sometimes you really can have your cookies and eat them!
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 large egg (vegan option – substitute with a flax egg)
3/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup peanut butter (I like crunchy to add some extra texture)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (70% cocoa recommended, or chop up a bar if you can’t find chips)
- Heat the oven to 180c and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper
- Stir the salt, baking powder and coconut sugar together in mixing bowl (a stand mixer or electric mixer is useful for this recipe)
- Stir in the egg and mix well
- Add the almond and peanut butters and mix well
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Roll generous teaspoon sized balls and place onto the baking trays (you should have about 24)
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Allow to cool on the trays for at least 5 minutes
Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for a week.